Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The day before the image after, 15th Dec

Luke

I am jumping all over the place with my processing at the mo, this white light disc is from the day before my last image :rolleyes:  I am not attempting time travel, the method in my madness is that I have a few processing things I am playing with so am picking on images I want to try those things on. Need to get back to some of my ED120 and Quark shots soon but gotta try some processing stuff on lunar next! Thanks for looking! Luke

15863638440_f34944b598_b.jpg

---

15th December, 2014

Tele Vue 60, Lunt 1.25" Herschel Wedge, 1.6x Barlow, Solar Continuum filter, UV/IR cut filter, Grasshopper 3 (ICX687) camera

Nice spotty day, what are you trying out ?

In view of the prevailing weather I took my Quark scope off the mount today to fit motorised focuser then couldn't find the spindle reducer and I've lost the grub screw out of one of the wheels LOL, had to reorder, hope they come before Christmas :)

Dave

Thanks, Dave. I am trying to preserve a bit more detail/lighter shades in the umbra (I blame Montana for this! Does the processing journey ever end?) Then for lunar I want to tinker around with the Shadows/Highlights adjustment in Photoshop to try and bring out more detail in shadows, sort of related, as I think I actually understand those controls now!! But am missing processing the Quark & 120 shots. Patience, I must have. I must unlearn what I have learned. I blame Yoda for that :laugh: 

41uFSqvXNeL._AA160_.jpg

Thanks, folks!

David, you'll know when I can time travel because I will have an 8 inch frac and a Sports Almanac :cool:

Alexandra, +1 for sunny days! [Checks Steve is not about] There will be lots of time for processing gymnastics during the minimum :evil:

Archived