Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

can you take flats with a nexus 7?

rowan46

thats it really I know some people use a laptop for flats but I am a portable astronomer, and I begrudge every ounce. I carry a nexus 7 for sky safari, camera control, polar alignment, could it be used for flats on a dslr lens?

Should be fine... I have used  netbook and laptop in the past... you might find an old flashlight app that will give you a fullscreen white image I used to have one in the past..

Still had it installed suprise suprise it's called "Flashlight"... I tend to use a different apo as a torch these days one that uses the LED instead of the screen...

Peter...

The version of flashlight (by Devesh Parekh) I have installed uses the Screen even thought he Galaxy S4 has an LED  - I use "super bright LED Torch"  for the LED App... If you haven't come across it already you might want to take a look at "Night Mode"  by Bruno Barao let's you really dim the screen down and works with all apps...

I will check out Lightbox :)

Peter...

Archived