SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hi from Pennsylvania

JHeels

Greetings all,

Like many others, I am 'getting back into' the night sky.  Spent many an evening as a kid camping under the stars and staring up for hours on end.  I am also old enough to remember the Apollo missions and how fabulously wonderful they were.  Starting back slowly with my binoculars and a planisphere to re-aquaint myself with the constellations.  Visiting my sister in the East Midlands this winter - hoping for favorable conditions.  Day job is geologist. Other major interest is running (completed 87 marathons so far). 

Thanks in advance for any and all advice and knowlege gained from this site!

Cheers!
Jack

Hi Jack and welcome to the forum. Plenty of people here to help you get to grips with the cosmos (there'a quite a bit of it up there) so please don't hesitate to ask a question or two or to even pass a comment within some of threads. We don't bite, well not at the beginning  :grin:  :grin:

Wishing you clear skies at home and over the East Midlands and hope you enjoy your stay here.

Welcome to SGL, Jack!

Phillies or Pirates?

Dana

Phillies! But I'm more of a football fan (and though I'm a Yank, I actually prefer football of the round variety). My brother is a lifelong Pirates fan.  Who do you support?

Archived