SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Help for Husband

My husband would like a telescope for Christmas as he would like to start star gazing and recording planets.

I have been looking online but I have no idea what telescope or kit would be best for him.

I don't want to break the bank but would like to get him something that will do the job.

Can anyone please advise me on some of the best ones out there.

Kind Regards

Jayne

Hi Jayne and welcome to SGL.

The best choice strongly depends on your budget but most people would reccomend a dobsonian reflector as you can get most 'bang for your buck' optically and they are incredibly simple to use.

Site sponsers, FLO have a few suggestions for various budgets, please see the link below http://www.firstlightoptics.com/beginner-telescopes.html

Best of luck and clear skies

Ben

Thank you everyone. I have just had a look at the Skywatcher Skyliner 200P Dobsonian and all of its reviews and it looks perfect for someone who is just starting out but also wants a good quality product. I will let you all know how he gets on :o)

The 200p Dodsonian is a great all rounder for observing planets and deep sky objects like clusters and galaxies, I've owned one in the past. Just make sure you're aware of how big it is. There are much bigger scopes out there but newcomers sometimes get an initial shock when the boxes arrive on the doorstep. Before long though they appear small and aperture fever sets in :D

Archived