Narrowband

A-focal 150p ds

nightfisher

I shot a lot of frames tonight using the canon DSLR and my pentax optio T30/BGO 18mm,

Have to say the A-focal seems to have come out best, and i still have a couple of A-focal movie files to work on if i can get pipp to centre the frames

This was taken using 150p ds on skytee 2 and its a single frame with just a little wavelets applied, i also used an ND 56 filter on the ep

post-8850-0-12239300-1417814700_thumb.pn

Nice work Jules....still love Afocal shots. Know what Knobby means, I never usually go for full disk shots...though with the Edge it will just be too much. should really try a TAL and the ZWO to see if I can get anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Just out of interest i also took some dslr shots on this same night using the newt i have pushed up the wavelets in regi 5 but is just a single frame, when i get the motors installed on my skytee i should be able to start getting tracked multi frame images

post-8850-0-35367500-1419161537_thumb.pn

• 2 weeks later...

Well, i have finally come to a mutual understanding with pipp and regi 5, i have worked out how to use it and it now lets me process my work !

Here is the A-focal stack taken from this same session 355 frames given the pipp and regi 5 treatment with a fair bit of wavelet and some reduction in brightness

post-8850-0-20361900-1420107293.png

Cheers, i have just noticed the Luna disk is flippe in one iimage and not in the other, this will be to do with prime focus with the dslr and A-focal through the EP as same scope was used

Archived