Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Where can I look at telescopes?!

OK so ive been wanting to buy a telescope for sometime now and been doing research. But I want to go look at telescopes at a store.  Ive been scouring the interwebs for awhile now and cannot find a place that I can walk into and look at telescopes. Any suggestions? Im located in Southern California but dont live extremely close to LA.

thanks in advance,

Chris

These two are stores as well as websites. Visit the sites and call them on the phone for directions:

https://telescopes.net/store/index.php

http://www.optcorp.com/

Not only are they brick & mortar stores, but they are both highly rated by their customers. Myself included. They are local to you.

Happy hunting,

Dave

I appreciate the links. But i want to go look at them in person. Ive sen hundreds online and I want to go into a physical store and look at them

If you look at the links you will see  that they give the locations of their dealers stores all you said was southern california so i had no  idea what was local to you. the dealers they reference are shops

Thanks for the replies guys.  I want to see deep space objects for sure. I am going to head to woodland hills today to go look at some things.  after some review seeing some deep space objects require a bigger than 6" scope to see. I found a deal for a Celestron 11" that is tempting but I also have never owned a telescope. 

UPDATE! Woodland was absolutely awesome! The exact thing I was looking for. The second I walked in they were quizzing each other on astronomy facts haha. I walked into the nerd dungeon of telescopes and I loved every minute of it! (no offense at all we are all nerds at heart).  They talked me into an Orion XT10. turned out they didnt have it in stock and only had the XT10i in stock. so they gave me 5% off and threw in the laser mount bracket. (which by the way is so easy for aiming that large telescope).  definitely would recommend them, well worth the more than 2 hour drive to them. I will be seeing them again for sure!

Archived