SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

200p goto sync scan

So having now collected my new scope but not having clear skies I decided to test it in the house. I began doing the 2 star allighnment with guess work going from my tablet app. It looked pretty ok ish so began with neptune and it went to roughly where neptune was on my sky app, then the moon followed by andromeda. Now on its way finding andromeda the scope crashed into the back of the base so I shut it down quick.

I would like to know if this happened because andromeda is to high in the sky for this type of goto, and also if the scope has a fail safe device that should of stoped this happening?

Thanjs for any heads up

Mine has never done that. The base should rotate to allow the scope to point where ever it needs to go. Have you got enough power? Have you added any extra weight to either end? Also have you checked to make sure your running the latest firmware? Lastly is the scope fully extends (2 clicks), if not it'll be bottom heavy.

The base only tiurns in circle and the scope up and down, so when the scope looks up to high the bottom of it crashes into the base front side. It is a 200 dob with motor goto sync scan , if its the same as yours I dont know?

This doesn't sound right, can you take some photo's.....

you describe it like it wants to pass through your zenith and is colliding with the facia of the Dobsonian, so why does it do this, perhaps its not setup  properly (its new and you may be a little excited and just failed to set up or omit a critical setup procedure) Have you carried out this initial setup?

Telescope should be on level ground pointing towards North and must be HORIZONTAL? ie reading ZERO on the altitude scale! Enter your Co-Ordinates, get them from your phone, Google Earth or a Satnav device. You MUST enter LONGITUDE first(East/West) followed by LATITUDE(North-South). Your present timezone in 24 Hrs GMT, and your date in MM/DD/YYYY format. Follow any other instructions on the controller

If the HORIZONTAL setup is ignored, could this be the reason why the telescope is trying to go through your Zenith, as it doesnt know the starting position of the telescope, and  instead of trying to rotate  the scope, just passes straight through.

If this doesn't fix it, someone else may have a solution?

Archived