SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Horsehead

griz11

Did a lot more subs than usual and it really helped. This is 18 420sec at f5.6 ISO800 10 darks 10 flats and 10bias. Think I'm heading in the right direction now. This is just the first cut on the processing. I didn't spend that much time on it. Still imaging in fact. Stacked in DSS and further processing in Ps.

Horsehead-1-Ps.jpg

Griz

That's totally awesome, Griz! Keep up the good work!

Astronomical evenings,

Reggie

Did a lot more subs than usual and it really helped. This is 18 420sec at f5.6 ISO800 10 darks 10 flats and 10bias. Think I'm heading in the right direction now. This is just the first cut on the processing. I didn't spend that much time on it. Still imaging in fact. Stacked in DSS and further processing in Ps.

Horsehead-1-Ps.jpg

Griz

Thanks everyone. I'm walking a little off the ground today thats for sure. Still lots to learn but I'm going to enjoy every minute. Yea I need to focus on the calibration frames next. I have some but didn't really pay as much attention to them as I have for the actual image. I used 10 of each on this one. The moon was up while this sequence was going on. Not much of a moon but the glow was there. On the M42 shot the moon had gone down and you can sure see the difference. Mount is working great I'm over the initial hump in the learning curve now all thats left is to enjoy the ride :) Thanks for all the support and help.

Griz

Archived