Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter Re worked

ReticMikee

Love this image processing lark...........Always something different to try LOL

I wasn't really happy with my first attempt as it had a mushy look to it so I tried a slightly different stacking process and this time the image is a lot sharper  !!!

First attempt

post-36616-0-24008000-1417128993.png

Second attempt

post-36616-0-09022700-1417129019.jpg

Yes, indeed, that has clarified detail nicely! Great image.

Best regards,

Ralph

Thanks everyone much appreciated :-)

superb 2nd attempt. huge difference between the two, so come "spill the beans" what did you do different?

Hi Pete

I run it back through AS2 and ticked the sharpen box and then in registax sharpened slightly again

First one for me looks nice & natural,better detail in the 2nd image but slightly noisy but nicely done!

Hi Simon

Yes I agree more noisy ,I still have lots to learn and trying to bring out more detail without increasing the noise is one method I have yet to master :-)

All done in image analyser. Firstly noise control using frequency domain filter and then I boosted the colour vibrance before using colour noise reduction. Once the noise was under control I could use some deconvolution to sharpen and also used the smooth tool on the limb. Lowered white slightly in colour mapper to brighten a little.

All done in image analyser. Firstly noise control using frequency domain filter and then I boosted the colour vibrance before using colour noise reduction. Once the noise was under control I could use some deconvolution to sharpen and also used the smooth tool on the limb. Lowered white slightly in colour mapper to brighten a little.

Thanks Stuart

Image analyser ?  where I can I get this :-)

Archived