Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M45 Pleiades

Adamar98

This is my first Image processed from start to finish with pixinsight. Its a great bit of software!

1.5 hours in each channel

2 hours luminance

post-26977-0-36232300-1417045627_thumb.j

Any tips or processes you might know of to make this any better would be greatly received.

Cheers

This is my first Image processed from start to finish with pixinsight. Its a great bit of software!

1.5 hours in each channel

2 hours luminance

attachicon.giflrgb5.jpg

Any tips or processes you might know of to make this any better would be greatly received.

Cheers

This is beautiful, Adam. The wispy nebulosity is magical! One of my favorite clusters. You should go for the double cluster in Perseus; I bet you would get a great image  :smiley:

Astronomical evenings,

Reggie

Nicely done. I think I see a satellite trail, possibly inthe red channel. You might consider looking though the sub-exposures and tossing the one with the trail out, or use stronger rejection while stacking. A small amount of denoising perhaps via TGV couldn't hurt. Colors are great and you brought out the nebulosity well.

Ajay

Very nice! Looks like you have captured some of the dust around the cluster also. PI is excellent software, my trial ended a couple weeks ago. I have data backed up and have access to Photoshop but refuse to process anything until i have Pixinsight back!  :grin: hopefully by the end of the year.

One thing i can see about the image is that the blue nebulosity around the stars on the lover half of the image is almost purple, whereas the top halfs colour is in my opinion perfect. Not sure why. Was this a mosaic image?

Callum

Nicely done. I think I see a satellite trail, possibly inthe red channel. You might consider looking though the sub-exposures and tossing the one with the trail out, or use stronger rejection while stacking. A small amount of denoising perhaps via TGV couldn't hurt. Colors are great and you brought out the nebulosity well.

Ajay

Thank you. I didn't even notice the satellite. Stands out like a sore thumb on the iPad.

very nice indeed!

how long have you had PI for? ive had it a couple of weeks and I love it, not had a chance to play this week tho due to work :(

Thank you. I've had PI for about 6 months. Due to work commitments and cloud I've not had much chance to use it. Every time I have tried using I've got a little bit lost. I've read and followed a few workflows and it's slowly starting to make sense.

Very nice! Looks like you have captured some of the dust around the cluster also. PI is excellent software, my trial ended a couple weeks ago. I have data backed up and have access to Photoshop but refuse to process anything until i have Pixinsight back!  :grin: hopefully by the end of the year.

One thing i can see about the image is that the blue nebulosity around the stars on the lover half of the image is almost purple, whereas the top halfs colour is in my opinion perfect. Not sure why. Was this a mosaic image?

Callum

Thank you. Its not a mosaic. I also noticed the purple coming through. I've look at other peoples images of m45. Some have the purple and some don't?

Cheers for all your comments.

It's good. The stars seem to be rather red-ringed though, as if the red channel were not as well focused as the rest, though this could have arisen in processing as well. I don't know about PI but in Ps you could run a star reduction routine on just the red layer. I dare say you can do this in PI as well?

Olly

Thank you for the feed back. I think I need a new laptop. The reds don't really show up that much on my screen. Then I look on the iPad and they stand out a mile. I'll be going back over the red to remove the satellite and I'll see what I can do with those stars.

Cheers

Lovely image Adam with lots of nebulosity captured - one of my favourite objects :smiley:

Best regards,

Ralph

Archived