Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Melotte 15 in IC1805, 23.11.14

theo

Took advantage of the decent clear night on the 23.11.14 as a lot of us did on here. This target was a rather late decision as I was toying with a few options and couldn't make up my mind!!

I have presented the image in HST colour scheme and it consists of 7hrs of data - 20 x 900s Ha and 12 x 300 each in SII & OIII both Binned 2x2. 

Not sure when the next deep sky opportunity will come along as weather isn't looking very promising but at least the processing gets a good work out when the roof is closed!

Hope you like the image.

Regards,

Pete.

post-22012-0-43358700-1417040955_thumb.p

Cheers Gav. Not sure what's next, though i'm itching to get some more planetary work done.

Also I have just dropped the saturation a tad on this - images always seem to look a bit different once posted!!

Pete

post-22012-0-22584200-1417044343_thumb.p

Good work as usual Pete! It was a funny one on Sunday night, new moon and clear, so many targets... What to go for?! You chose an interesting patch of sky and have done it justice.

As for the next opportunity - good question!?!

Out of interest what was your target of choice on Sunday Gav?

Out of interest what was your target of choice on Sunday Gav?

I started on The Double Cluster, gathering the final bits to complete that project. Then I moved to M45 - The Pleiades, and chipped away at that for hours. The last couple of subs were too low in the sky and had entered a layer of murk, so probably no use. I then continued the following night with more luminance subs, though not totally sure the seeing will have given particularly decent data.

Absolutely agree regarding some planetary. Jupiter is starting to smile brightly and persuasively... If my new planetary cam ever turns up I will load the C8 and give it a go!

Fingers crossed.

Thanks Martin. I've been busy doing some Lunar and planetary work the last few clear spells we've had down here but sure am looking forward to some of those long clear cold nights to grab some of those beautiful deep sky Winter objects.

Pete

Archived