Narrowband

Skywatcher Evostar 100ED DS-Pro first light

Have only been able to image on two nights due to weather ,iam pleased with results so far .The optically-matched 0.85x Focal Reducer give a flat field on my 1100D at f7.65 also tried with my

Atik 16ic ccd camera .I am guideing with a QHY5V mono through a 50mm finder. Waiting for Baader Click-Lock and FLO Adapter for Skywatcher Focal Reducers to mount my new Baader Neodymium Filter which I hope will reduce sky glow? Here are images so far cheers karl[M81M8216x180secsED100_zps75fa02be.jpgngc891_zps292d6aec.jpgcristmastreecluster_zps0a155d45.jpgNGC89120141019_zpsa34ae4de.jpg

Nice job Karl, I'm just starting out with my 80ed with the focal reducer attached to my Canon 1200D, only managed some Moon pics so far. like you, the weather has been rubbish, apart from when I'm working. Typical. lol.

Really want to do some deep sky stuff like this. I'd be very Happy with any of your images.

Keep them coming. ;)

Just a guess but I'd say it's something to do with the CCD or its enclosure. Sometimes you can get refractor spikes from the lens spacers protruding fractionally into the clear aperture but since there are almost always 3 of these there would be six spikes not 4. 4 would require something square in the light path. They are very subtle and don't spoil the images at all. This is a great effort for first light, they look awesome :)

I don't do AP, but I do appreciate the quality of the results of our imaging friends' efforts. To think that these images were taken with what would have been just 20 years ago most amateurs' backyard visual scope (albeit with a superb apo lens for the money). These kind of images used to only be available in glossy hardback books containing images from big professional observatories.

I take my hat off to you guys! :p

Dave

Have only been able to image on two nights due to weather ,iam pleased with results so far .The optically-matched 0.85x Focal Reducer give a flat field on my 1100D at f7.65 also tried with my

Atik 16ic ccd camera .I am guideing with a QHY5V mono through a 50mm finder. Waiting for Baader Click-Lock and FLO Adapter for Skywatcher Focal Reducers to mount my new Baader Neodymium Filter which I hope will reduce sky glow? Here are images so far cheers karl[M81M8216x180secsED100_zps75fa02be.jpgngc891_zps292d6aec.jpgcristmastreecluster_zps0a155d45.jpgNGC89120141019_zpsa34ae4de.jpg

Really incredible pictures, congrats!

Archived