Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Telescope 12V supply for fan

12 volts fans (of the type that are fitted inside PCs) will usually work happily from about 6 volts upwards. People often use a speed adjuster (available as a PC compnent) if they have a full 12 volt PSU since vibration is reduced as you reduce speed. You could use just about any spare PSU to do the job.

You could always get something like this.

I use something similar for my 12" dob cooling fan.

That looks OK, a little pricey though but definitely worth a look. I just thought, the 12V portable car jumper would do the job, I used to have one and it only cost £20. The ones these days are around the same price as your suggestion. Am definitely going to look into this.

Thanks for you reply

Dig around on Amazon. Plenty more and many cheaper. I just used one as an example as the unit I use is similar (cheaper) but discontinued now...

These power packs last for 500 recharges but never leave home when charging them. On *extremely rare* occasions they have been reputed to catch fire.... :grin:

Archived