Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

removable obective lens?

So , when i was putting my binoculars away in the storage case last night, i accidently discovered that the objective lenses can be removed? What is the purpose of this? it has me puzzled, but I simply retightened them back on (and made sure the single image was still there of course) and continued to put them away. I have never seen binoculars that do this. 

Most bino's have objective lenses that are screwed in, as such they can generally be screwed out again. You might consider doing this if there was a lot of dust inside. I've also reseated a prism this way before.

Even my vixen ones are screwed into place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most are screw in, I suspect that people have a habit of breaking one or similar. Equally it tends to only be the expensive ones that offer a repair service.

They are generally screwed on with something on the threads to grip so that they do not (as in you instance) come apart too easily.

Sometimes it is useful. A set I got from somewhere suffered bad glare which came from inside. I in effect flocked the inside with a matt black material and they are very good now.

They had been dropped and the cement cracked so the prism slipped. I just glued it back in place.

TSED70Q, iOptron Smart EQ p ro, ASI-120MM, Finepix S5 pro.

:director:take 1 - UHU! 'D4N'...  :cussing:

:director:take 2 - You hoo! 'D4N'... What glue did you use?  :D 

Archived