Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My First Ever Uranus Image

Superdavo

Hello everyone! 

I have recently decided to make it my goal to try to capture all of the planets in the solar system, with my DMK, and so, last night, I decided to attempt Uranus.

I wasn't sure if I would even find it - it looks no different from a star through the scope, and currently lies in an area that i'm not too familiar with, but, suprisingly, I got it - and after zooming in to 250x, I could confirm that I saw the disc.

After that, I got out the DMK, and imaged it:

At F/25 (2,500mm):

post-29419-0-83785800-1416848964.png

At F/10 (1,000mm):

post-29419-0-22497000-1416848965.png

Not the best images ever, but I'm just happy that I got it!

The next planet on my list is Neptune - I just need a clear night...

David

Nice images!  On the F/10 image is that 2 moons I can see?

Unfortunately, I don't think so. While I was taking these photos, I turned the exposure up to about 15 seconds - and even then I couldn't see the moons. 

David

Dave, that's a lovely composite image. In a weird way makes the Hubble composites seem 'soul-less' I guess yours captures more what we see at the EP so it makes for a more natural and pleasing picture. I look forward to Neptune making its appearance. 

Archived