SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Rosette

Earl

That's a beauty. The wider field of view is very effective on this target.

Last night was how the winter nights should be. You've done justice to three targets. My first sub was collected at 7pm and my last sub at 5:20am, all in perfect darkness and almost perfect clarity. Managed to finish one project and get two thirds of the way through my next project. Am hoping that tonight gives another opportunity for some serious sub collection!

Look forward to seeing your 3rd target - the horsey - posted soon!

That's really strong data nicely processed. I have to say that for a paltry ( :grin:) three hours it's insanely deep! Makes me wonder what I'm doing wrong!! Hats off.

As for the filters, I have the Astrodon 3 and the Baader 7. The AD always gives tiny stars, way smaller than the Baader, but this does mean slewing to a star on which you can focus. Field stars in the image rarely cut it.

I don't have the AD 5Nm but do wonder if the 3 Nm is always going to be better. Depends on the object. Having both would be luxury with a capital L and would mean finding out which was best on the given target. That would be a bit too serious for me. I'd rather spend the night getting the data.

Olly

Archived