SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Zeiss Victory 8X42 for astro?

pluton

Hello,

I am looking some information on this model , the Zeiss Victory 8X42 FL for astro (also for birdwatching), if anyone have proved your expecifications on this purpose, I have heard that it have a good contrast of image..

Thank you very much

Paul

They're stunning. I have a pair of Leica Trinovids and the Zeiss I've tried are interestingly different, a little brighter, more contrasty but perhaps slightly less 'natural' in feel. The Zeiss are also lighter. The bins at this level, including Swaro, are just gorgeous to use.

Olly

The bins at this level, including Swaro, are just gorgeous to use.

Olly

Would you say there is a best option for optic quality, or is the level so high already that it is more about which pair suits you on a personal level?

Would you say there is a best option for optic quality, or is the level so high already that it is more about which pair suits you on a personal level?

I really don't know. I've never been able to cadge a look through any Swaros. They do a flat field model which might be nice if you peered into the edge of the FOV but with hand held bins you don't do that, you move your head and the bins together and always look on axis. (Well, I do. This seems to be the whole point.) It's very likely to be personal so getting some hands on time would be good, but I doubt that disappointment awaits anyone at this level!

Olly

Archived