Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Bear Paw - white light discs, Nov 18-19

Luke

Ho hum, the weekend looks rubbish again. At least I grabbed some images during solar luncheon at work earlier in the week, despite the long-term dismal weather forecast at the start of the week! A few gaps in the right places, it's nice when it works that way. These two were from Tuesday and Wednesday. Michael mentioned in one of his observing reports that there was a bear paw on the Sun. Sounds about right to me :laugh:

15822395636_340831961c_c.jpg

15854505941_00413f8c00_c.jpg

---
18th-19th November, 2014
Tele Vue 60, Lunt 1.25" Herschel Wedge, 1.6x Barlow, Solar Continuum filter, UV/IR cut filter, Grasshopper 3 (ICX687) camera

Marvellous. I love your colour palette too.  I set my scope up in the car park at the FE College where I teach, and curious students take a look as they pass. Several have seen the big spots this week and said "bear paw!" 

Thanks, all! I like the idea of a bear, Robin, dipping its paw in :laugh:

Alexandra, I think they just make up the forecast as they go, glad you got some rays. I think I could make a weather site that would be more accurate the rest. It will just say cloudy all the time...

No weekend sun for me, but I had a fab night of DSO observing on Sunday :laugh: :laugh:  Horsehead Nebula bagged from home :headbang:

Archived