Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The 200p has landed!

Cheers, looking forward to it. I might be be being dense but it looks like it might have come with a polarscope too. There's a capped lens at one end surrounded by dials, the other is just capped and empty. I'll have to check the manual.

Hi

When you come to use the polar scope you might find that its best if you have some kind of low power light/torch that you can shine over the top of the opening, this helps you to see the diagram in the polar scope when aligning.

I know but I'll have to curb spending for now, Also splashed out on a half decent barlow and a couple of webcam adapters recently. The AP side of things is mainly messing around rather than getting really serious about it. I want to see what sort of pictures I can get with the PS3 Eye and I'll use the Logitech for Planetary shots when the mood takes me. I mainly want to get a better look at the Messiers Ive been finding.

I know what you mean, its surprising how all the little bits add up and how quick it can eat your money,

Be interesting to see what you think of the views through the 200p :smiley: I know I was quite pleasantly surprised.

Regards

Thanks guys, only had chance for 1/2 an hour or so before the clouds rolled in. Had time for a quick look at the Pleiades and the Ring. The 32mm Plossl is very sharp with a nice wide view, I was missing an eyepiece like that. The main difference I noticed was the much higher level of contrast than the 130p even at simliar magnifications. Having never used a finder scope before I struggled with that so I just put a red dot finder on it and was able to locate objects again. The difference between the mounts is like night and day I really like the sturdiness of the EQ5.

Archived