Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi from Niphotos

niphotos

Hi Niphotos and welcome to SGL, if you have never owned a scope, diving straight into imaging could be a rather steep learning curve. Browsing the imaging sections could give you some idea of the many hoops you are going to have to jump through before you have some success :)

Hi and welcome.

If you're about to get a scope for astrophotography, my advice would be to think about what you want to image. 

We very naively bought our first scope thinking we could image "everything" with it. Costly mistake...

So ask yourself: do you have more interest in imaging deep sky object like nebula and galaxies or are you more interested in planets and the moon?

I bough a book called "making every photon count" a few months after I started imaging a year ago and I wish that had been my first purchase. Worth its weight in gold...

Clear skies

Nico & Carly

Archived