SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Sun in Ha - 22/11/14

DrRobin

Hi,

The dreaded Work and Weather are getting in the way for me to get any solar imaging this month, so imagine my surprise when it was nice and clear over Saturday lunch time, especially as I have been at work this morning and a builder was coming round early afternoon.  Sadly the seeing was pants, it was just one boiling mass, but my trusty Lunt 60 DS, ASI120MM made a good fist of it to pull out this 12 pane mosaic.

I had to use rather more sharpening than normal and you can still see a little banding but it was a lot better than nothing.

I have a few close ups, not sure if they will come out okay though.

Robin

Sun-22-11-14-pano-b.jpg

Sun-22-11-14-pano-c.jpg

Sun-22-11-14-pano-ic.jpg

Sheesh! Anything I write will seem curmudgeonly - but I really haven't had the slightest glimpse of the sun for so long that I'm suffering deprivation, withdrawal, or something.

Thanks for your images. They're as good as ever - just sorry I haven't seen anything like them in my eyepiece for way too long.

Please keep 'em coming, Robin.

Thanks guys, you try your best.  The weather hasn't been on my side either, but I am so busy at work that everything else has taken a back seat for the last few weeks, so it is good if you get a lucky break.

The conditions weren't really up to it, but here are the close ups....

Robin

AS_p10_Multi_Sun-Ha_22_11_14_131602-b.jp

AS_p10_Multi_Sun-Ha_22_11_14_132115-b.jp

Looking a bit overcast at the moment Pete, probably better for Gordon. There might be some sunny patches early afternoon, but it looks more promising for tonight. I want to have a go at Eris, the very faint dwarf planet.

Robin

Archived