Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Cloudy Spell

Pig

I have been away for a week on quite an intense training course and as a result I haven't had much time to do anything else, one thing that has struck me though is just how cloudy it has been lately 

I took my solar scope with me hoping that I would get a quick chance to get some observing in during the lunch breaks, thus giving me a respite away from the training. No such luck !!!!! not even a sniff of the sun.

I hope it clears soon :smiley: even for a couple of hours would be nice.

Hope your luck changes soon, Shaun. At least you didn't take a 20 inch dob with you :grin:

This week I have been so lucky with solar lunch, little gaps for a sniff on four out of five days. Only small gaps, but I'm amazed I got something on four days given the amount of cloud and the awful forecast :shocked:

It's looking like a second blank weekend in a row for me, but I've been lucky considering. What a shame there's been so much cloud for what is now looking like close to an entire month for the mega spot's two laps... :sad2:

Luke,

Yes it would have been very annoying packing a Dob without getting to use it :grin: The good thing about solar is those 20 minute chances between clouds.

Tony,

I think you have been waiting patently for some time now, this is the longest spell that I haven't been able to use the scope :shocked: I have them both primed though and I am ready to be viewing within seconds of seeing any sun.

Ronin,

I would love the day the day that I would be able to moan about too many clear days :laugh: but I don't see that scenario happening anytime soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived