Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Trying out my Birthday Present (M42) Finally

rob976

Got back late Tuesday afternoon to clear blue skies with a forecast showing that that they would remain clear for a few hours. So “Finally”  I was able to set up my Birthday Gift Celestron AVX EdgeHD 8.

Setting it was fairly easy and quick then I had to wait for the Sun to set to start the alignment procedures; this took me well over an hour!!!! Tried two star align and the scope ended pointing to the ground !!! I was jest about to pack it all away “to send it back” then a discovered the problem, it was a “Human Interface Malfunction” namely when I initially entered the Long & Latitude I entered East instead of West therefore the scope thought it was somewhere else.

Once I fixed the “Malfunction” I was able to two star align and a single calibration star in less than 15 min.

I used the Sky Tour to have a quick look around at a number of objects and each time it placed them in the field of view with a 40mm EP I through very impressive.

Although seeing conditions were poor the view were still very impressive Orion was jest popping up above the tree line decided to try out my  Camera setup Canon 600d with Celestron adapter. Although seeing conditions where now deteriorating and Orion was still low down managed get 6 images before the clouds move in,  the best image being 30 sec @ ISO 3200 .

Can’t wait for some good clear skies   Rob

th_BirthdayGift.jpg

th_M42.jpg

Archived