Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Clavius & Moretus 13/11

Blazar

Just a quick look through some of the other snaps from the night of poor seeing (and my attempt at using a x2 barlow). The focus was also probably out though there is a hint of detail within Clavius. The moon phase was waning Gibbous I believe, and Moretus is throwing some nice shadows from its high walls and central peak in the top left hand corner. Usual set-up (Edge800HD, AVX, ZWO120MM-s, IR pass filter...though this with the x2 TAL barlow in the mix). taken from outside my front door.

gallery_27945_3180_35637.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Cheers Pat, there are quite a  few images in the lunar section that I have put up that are not using a barlow. The size of the image is the maximum the new 120mm-s supports, I could reduce it, but I was too excited to have a clear spot of weather ;-)

Pete, the number of frames for the size of image was  around 1000. think I only kept the best 10-20%. Must make more notes and keep the OAcapture text files on this Mac).  I will keep practicing with the camera and processing etc any advice greatly welcomed!

Hello

First make the imagery of his door wide entrance that is not the best place.
Secondly make a movie is good but get the most of it is better.
I'm a little taken up your picture as it could do better.
If the movie is bad do not put too much images, around 100 is a good choice. 500 if the film is good.
Clear sky.
Luc
post-36391-0-46588100-1417023861_thumb.j
Excuse my english is google translate.

Luc, your English is better then my Fench ;-)

Thanks for the help. Will try again. I had to use the driveway outside the front of my house, as the garden is too wet at the moment. Think I still have the Avi (film), so could re-try and process this one again..

Archived