Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Ha sun 20/11/14

Moonshane

My second light with this scope and details as good as ever. Today I tried the Seben zoom and was really impressed as Peter said I would be. There is so much detail visible that it is hard to describe really but off the top of my head I saw the following among others:

- huge prom at about three o'clock, accompanied by a couple of 'dandelion seed' plumes

- several very long filaments across the disk including three at about two o'clock near the limb and inwards

- several tall spike proms at about 11 o'clock

- the large bear paw umbra with large penumbral detail and an associated thin filament

I really need to start making notes to allow a more structured report, rather than just constantly closing my mouth as my jaw drops.

the PST mod with the standard 5mm blocking filter allows you to roll around the disk without touching the etalon and this provides exquisite detail as the features come in and out of view as you move over them.

Archived