SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Saturday 1st November

Pig

Another clear morning in Northants and a plus is that it is lovely and warm :laugh:

A great big orb of blazing liquid just floating there in the sky waiting to be worshipped.

Four great prominences on show today, two of them are very stretched and are hugging the surface, the third is semi detached from the surface and the fourth is putting on a huge display, they are positioned in two groups:-

• 10 & 11 O'clock positions 
  •  4 & 5 O'clock positions

A must see if it is cloud free where you are :laugh: wonderful deep orange.

The huge spot has turned the corner and isn't visible but the surface detail is well worth a look and is absolutely fantastic. Lots of granulation and other detail is there for the taking.

I wonder what the neighbours think of me? I am sat here in the back Garden wearing my black peaked balaclava playing and singing " all my loving " by the Beatles on the guitar :grin: I'm sure I saw the lady next door doing a little jig whilst she was hanging their washing out.

Ok back off out I go for more !

By the way  for all who are interested the giro mount is a joy to use. Both scopes are very similar in weight etc... and have balanced perfectly with no additional weights :smiley:

Managed to get a glimpse myself this morning. Lovely stuff!

Also let the guy who is in my garden pruning our trees have a look. He was blown away ...

It's a joy to see these things and doubly so when able to share with someone who's never seen them before.

Gordon,

I think the Sun has the same wow factor as the Moon for people that have not seen both through a telescope before.

Cracking day here I have almost had enough of looking at it today :grin:

Nice report, Shaun, those giro's seem to really suit relaxed solar viewing!

It took a while to clear here after I got excited seeing the big patch of blue in the distance. The largest prom had a few lovely detached bits racing away from it when I managed a good look after imaging :cool:

Lovely report Shaun. I managed quite a while on it today. This morning was disappointing for some reason, possibly haze causing low contrast but conditions improved a lot and this afternoon was fantastic.

The proms were lovely weren't they? Loads of granulation and surface features as you say.

Very pleased the giro is working out well, you can't beat them can you? :-)

Stu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stu / Luke, thank you

The giro has made quite a big difference and I must agree Stu it will take some beating, it is effortless to get perfect placement without any vibrations / sticktion whatsoever :laugh: 

The sun was beautiful today and as Luke mentioned some great fine detail in the proms, I especially liked the trails of the long floating prom towards the end of the day. I was quite lucky and got virtually a whole day of sun :laugh:

Archived