Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The Sun - 31st Oct 2014

David Smith

Quick visit home lunch time to capture these as first opportunity for a few days. Surprised how well they have some out as the scope was being lashed by a gusty wind. Bit late processing but got home from work late and it all went wrong from there really!

15057244134_8431f5d0c4_o.png20141031 by David_The_Bears_Fan, on Flickr

15675269341_b59e561995_o.png20141031mono by David_The_Bears_Fan, on Flickr

That's early by my normal rate :grin:

Sweet capture, David. Though I miss the mega spot, I am finding all these little spots quite cool, nicely spread over the disc. If the weather permits (!!) I think I'll try for a full disc mosaic today with my 120 (a mere four tiles, but it still scares me a bit :grin:)

That's early by my normal rate :grin:

Sweet capture, David. Though I miss the mega spot, I am finding all these little spots quite cool, nicely spread over the disc. If the weather permits (!!) I think I'll try for a full disc mosaic today with my 120 (a mere four tiles, but it still scares me a bit :grin:)

not looking very promising at the moment.

not looking very promising at the moment.

Not checked it properly but was looking like there might be a big band of clear moving in on sat24? I set up in the rain (well, warmed up the Quark indoors!) and the clouds are breaking up now our way heading sunwards. No idea yet where the Sun is (!) so may need to move the mount depending on telegraph pole wires! :grin:

Good luck, everyone! :laugh:

Archived