Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Binning & length advice please

Evening everyone & Happy Halloween

Right i am on my 2nd night imaging The Wall part of NGC 7000, i collected 4 hours of Ha last night albeit a little hazy at times they all seemed pretty good, tonight i switched to O3 then i hope i have time to grab S2 as well.

I did the Ha at 1x bin but after doing a test O3 at 15 mins i was suprised at how lacking it was :huh:

I have now changed to 2x2 bin O3, i was doing 20 mins but even then its faint(ish), i am now doing 30 mins, will this be ok ?

Will there be a negative effect in doing this apart having to re-scale the images after stacking ?

I am only going for 4 x 30 then going to test the S2 which i am guessing will need bining as well, the moon is approx half for now but will be gone before i finish.

I do prefer to not bin but needs must, after the 4 x 30 mins of O3 i will have about 4.5 hours, i am going for the same in S2 & if the skies are still good i will up the Ha count also.

Any tips advice on this or does it seem like a plan ?

Archived