Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Logitech Quickcam 4000 Pro

WireD64

Hi guys and girls.

Ive just bought a cheap logitech quickcam 4000 pro, it has the sony CCD chip in it and ive modded it to accept a 1.25 barrel.

So now it comes to testing it out and ive noticed the image is pretty noisy, just got it running on SharpCap this is the image i'm getting. Its a dark shot, with a lens cap on.

There a 3 apparent dead pixels but i'm not fussed about these at the moment.

How can I reduce this noise? and if anyone else on here has a quickcam 4000 pro, is yours this noisy?

Rich

post-39534-0-32281900-1414789190.png

Hi Rich,

I've just modified one of these cameras too (my adapter has a built in IR filter although I'm sure that won't matter) and just run it like yours and I have to say my live image is noisy too, although not as noisy as yours. Is your posted image a stacked image or a single frame?

I will add at this moment in time I haven't been out and used mine in anger yet so I can't say if this is the norm, but may give you some reassurance.

Regards

WireD64, on 01 Nov 2014 - 2:02 PM, said:

This is just a single image. Not stacked.

I didn't think that the IR filter would make any difference is no light.

Do you have a lens cap that you could out over it and take a single frame from?

Here is a single frame using SharpCap.

post-37974-0-86406600-1414855733.png

Wish I could edit.

I have not used SharpCap before but I went into "Filter Options" and played about with the brightness and at present it is set halfway. If I put it all the way to the top then I get the same result as you. It may just mean you need to play with the software settings.

Archived