Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

C/2014 E2 Comet Jacques and Heart & Soul Nebula

Nice work, I like seeing DSOs at different focal lengths, for both context and a closer view. I think that's NGC7822 at the top of the first image, despite its large size and being fairly bright it's often overlooked. I can also see the Pacman but I'm not sure what that smallish nebula to the left of it is, that would merit a closer look. There is also a big open cluster right on the edge of frame below Andromeda, I forget its name now.

By the way, how did you get Comet Jacques to stack please? I struggled with this and ended up with a streak.

Thanks, I tried comet + stars mode but couldn't get it to work for some reason, I suspect DSS doesn't like my data. Would you mind taking a quick look at this thread please, just in case you've done anything differently to me? It describes the problem I had with it and what steps I tried, without success.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived