Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

It's my fault and I apologise for the clouds

MarkyD

Hi all from a newbie

Just to say since I bought my scope a week ago (Nexstar 102SLT) the south of the UK has been cloudy! :(  At the moment 80% of the information is going in one ear and out the other so hopefully I can gleam some knowledge about this hobby from SGL.  I've done some photography, star trails, milky way etc with my Canon 1D MkIII so I'm hoping to use that and the scope to at least get some pictures of the planets.  I'm based in the north end of the New Forest towards Salisbury.  Attached is one of the Milky Way I took on Monday evening with a rare capture of a meteor passing over (1 second delay on the shutter press and I would have missed it)

--

Mark

post-39640-0-05175900-1414666179_thumb.j

Hi Mark and welcome to SGL and your first telescope! Very nice picture. The New Forest should give you some reasonable dark spots.

If you want to fit your DSLR to your mount you could use one of these together with a T ring to fit your camera.

Keep up the good work and clear skies!

Archived