Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Helix Nebula

RAC

I still need to add some really deep HA data to this as soon as the weather lets me.

18 x 600sec H-Alpha
6 x 600sec Blue
6 x 600sec Green
12 x 600sec Red
Atik 383L mono camera
Stacked with DSS, processed in PixInsight and CS5
Carbon Serrurier truss Royce 10" f4 Newtonian.
Televue paracorr type 2
Takahashi NJP mount.

15008466994_1ea225c45d_b.jpg

Helix Nebula by Raymond Collecutt, on Flickr

Always nice to see a nice Helix and this is very nice, thanks.  (have been visiting iceinspace and apart from all the pink moons there are a couple of stunning Helix snaps in the deep space section, must be a popular subject down that way just now)  be good to see some HA added when you can get it Ray,  love the way the Helix seems to just draw the eye in.

Thats a smashing Helix, some really nice fine detail coming through,

I had a go at this one  the results were not so spectacular,

You really need very good conditions being so low a target in the UK,

Very nicley processed as well.

Well done

Paul

looks like those conical mirrors really are the business... just don't understand why nobody else seems to do them

The do seem to turn a fast newtonian into something as stable as a refractor if built well. They hold collimation so well as long as the surface they are mounted on is very flat. They are a lot lighter than a standard mirror too.

The 10 month wait for the mirror was worth it. It's left me wanting one of his large 14.5 -16.5" dall-kirkham mirror sets for a planetay scope. I have a spare GCE mount that i wouldn't mind squashing with one of those haha.

Really lovely. Superb capture and processing with that, 'I haven't done any processing,' look!

The Ha will certainly go deeper if you choose to head that way. Go for loooong subs!

Olly

Thanks Olly. Looking at what others have done to try and get the outer parts I think I'm going to have to do 30min at bin 2 at a minimum. The Ha that's in this version is 18 x 900sec bin 1 not 600sec.. The outer bits of this thing are really faint!

Archived