SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

1st time solar green flash!

Pete Presland

after 2 hours of imaging Jupiter this morning, i decided i would get out into the countryside and wtchthe sun rise. then image the "big" spot!

i arrived around 7am and the scene was already very impressive, lovely mist rolling through the hills and bushes. around 7:40 the sun was really making its presence felt, i could see exactly where it was going to rise as it illuminated the underside of the few clouds in the foreground. then bang totally of the blue (or should that be green :smiley: ) a flash of bright green light as it broke through!

i have heard of the "green flash" but never seen it before. it really is a stunning sight to witness! i have just got to see it again, not stopped grinning since :grin:  :grin:  :grin:

oh and i imaged the "big spot" later.

Sounds great! The only thing that I'm confused about is where you saw this 'Sun' from! I'm only in the next county along (Herts) and all I can see is grey clouds in all directions! :sad:

that must be the smog from london :grin: still a fair bit of blue sky here. it did look a little cloudy looking in the direction of Baldock ect... from where i was this morning.

Archived