Narrowband

Few test shots on new AP

PatrickGilliland

New mount up and running still getting used to setting up and honing in the tracking but here is what I managed on my first night (few pictures of a few subs each so excuse the noise).

Will be building up data over next few weeks (months or years depending on the cloud!)

M42 - 2 x 600 sec subs only - will need to get some short subs for core but was quite impressed with the extra data visible outside the main nebula (finer stuff).

post-37169-0-78641000-1414094623_thumb.j

IC 434 - 6 x 600 only.

post-37169-0-78045100-1414094670_thumb.j

IC 1396 - 3 x 600

post-37169-0-36445500-1414094705_thumb.j

Now just a waiting game for clear nights and chance to add a lot more data to each.

Paddy

Thanks, but.....

Quite! :smiley: - It is very noisy, but only a few subs of each and was a very windy night so not ideal seeing - more data to follow and improved guiding as I settle into the new mount.  But looking forward to the M42 with 6-8 hours of data in HA I hope this will build into a really nice image, first attempt at M42 and was surprised by all the extra fine detail there which I have not seen often on the images that focus on M42 specifically, personally I think the finer detail is as interesting as M42 itself.  Then I can think about other channels (but that seems like a long way into the future with current whether trends).

Not sure you can get it out more than a little anyway with this ridiculous whether!!

Paddy

Really impressive images Paddy - how you managed to get 3 in such a short window of 'seeing' also surprises me! You've taken to that new mount very quickly and it's delivering the goods. For me, the horse-head is the pick of the bunch, but each has real potential - well done!

Martin

Really impressive images Paddy - how you managed to get 3 in such a short window of 'seeing' also surprises me! You've taken to that new mount very quickly and it's delivering the goods. For me, the horse-head is the pick of the bunch, but each has real potential - well done!

Martin

Hi Martin, Horsehead benefits from most data so far M42 surprised me but then as a newbie this was first time I have ever imaged.

It was a long cold night slewing everywhere but managed some good test data and mount passed with fying colours your tip helped a lot with the set up. Also managerial M31 but needs more data before I can process.

Paddy

Evening all

Managed to grab a little light and said I would update to here is version one of IC434 - lots still to be done, not least getting some more light (was hampered for 3 hours trying to figure out why I could not find a star on Friday but appears Maxim was having issue and had taken BST into account a little to early, oh and then took me ages to figure out my flats but realised manufacturers guides are not that useful for my set up but eventually reduced adu from 35k to 22k and resolved issues. 

Comments welcome but please take into account only and hour or so in each channel will be aiming for 6 per channel for final version.

Thanks for looking.

Paddy

post-37169-0-37839800-1414358351_thumb.j

Archived