Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

HitecDCFocus & SW Autofocusers

Hi All

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to control 2 SW autofocusers with 2 of the HitecDCfocus boxes only am I right in thinking that each box would need a different usb identifier for this to work ok any help appreciated

David

I tried to get two DCFocusers working on one laptop this time last year.  Unfortunately it wasn't working for me.

I emailed Hitec and got this response:

I'm afraid this is not possible at present. Each usb device has an identifier which is unique to that type of device. e.g. all dc focus devices have the same identifier. You have in fact reminded me that this is something I need to look at. In order to allow this we have to produce a device with a second identifier. This would make it possible to offer a Dc Focus2 which could be used at the same time as a regular dc focus. However it will be later this year before we can do that.

Things may have moved forward so it would be good to know. 

I considered setting up a virtual machine which it will apparently work upon but never got that far. 

Andy

Archived