SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Good Evening from Edinburgh

lonick

Hi All

Just joined the site, thinking about starting up again, i had a telescope when i was younger up to about 16 years old then beer and girls got in the way. Now 46 happily married and thinking about getting back in the game.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi lonick and welcome to the forum. The dangers of beer and girls eh - I could publish another book on that topic and I expect you will agree with me that you can get into a lot less trouble with a telescope!  :grin:  :grin:

I noticed you have the same birthday as me, so I know how you feel when you get birthday cards sent to you with the word Christmas crossed out!  :grin:

Clear skies and welcome to the forum.

Back in the day it was just something that myself and my dad did together and it was just 'looking at stars'. If i remember correctly it was a 2" refractor that we were using but it was 30 years ago.

I'm really looking at a bit of a jack of all trades when it comes to a scope. I'm looking at spending approx £500 on a scope and any extras. A friend of mine has a Celestron NexStar 130 SLT, but i know not to put money into the computer and would rather spend money on the scope so I’m thinking of either;

Celestron Omni XLT 150

I’m not sure about the mount on this as all my spotting will be away from home, built up area and bright so useless for spotting. So I need something portable.

Or the;

Skywatcher Explorer 150P & AZ4 Mount Bundle I know the mount as its similar to the 130SLT mount and I know it does not take much time and is easily portable.

Archived