Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Mov to AVI conversion & Registax

Hi All,

as you know I am not that much of an imager but I like to try a few things now and again.  I read that videoing a planet gives better results than single frames because Registax can build up a better image from lots of frames.  Would it work to video a planet with a DSLR and convert the .mov file to .avi and then use Registax in the same way please?

Yes that would work. I would, however, recommend using AS!2 rather than Registax as it gives better results in my opinion. You can then put the resultant image through Registax to do the final tweeking with wavelets etc. If you put the .mov file through PIPP first it can convert it to .avi and improve your file for stacking in AS!2 (Autostakkert).

This is how i do my planetary imaging.

Peter

I would also recommend using PIPP first as this also centers the planet and can crop the video down so you reduce overheads like disk space.

My workflow is usually:

Record video

Center and Crop in PIPP

Stack with AS!2 (Autostakkert)

Wavelets in Registax

Final tweaks in Photoshop

I would also recommend using PIPP first as this also centers the planet and can crop the video down so you reduce overheads like disk space.

My workflow is usually:

Record video

Center and Crop in PIPP

Stack with AS!2 (Autostakkert)

Wavelets in Registax

Final tweaks in Photoshop

+1 for this workflow except I use Paintshop.

Peter

Archived