SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Uranus, Ariel & Umbriel...

Kokatha man

Following on from the images of a couple of weeks back here is another displaying Ariel & Umbriel...

We think we have learnt a lot since we started imaging this difficult planetary target in the last 3 weeks and look forward to (hopefully!)some really nice seeing to find out what the C14 can achieve.

Uranus is hardly riveting as an onscreen image but we think we're starting to get the hang of things and still have a few more ideas in capture we'd like to apply to hopefully enhance the outcomes..in the meantime we need some rest from late nights AND hard work in our garden..! :)

post-3551-0-64577500-1413949344.png

Daryl,

That is absolutely stunning. Very well done. I think you have surpassed yourself this time.

ian

Thanks fellas - gosh, I hope not Ian although we are starting to get a handle on both the capture & processing parameters! :)

We feel that with good seeing & transparency and what we have under our belts so to speak already we can really give Uranus a whirl...we'll head a bit further North if the seeing presents itself in the next 2 or 3 weeks which will give Uranus a bit more "air" as it only culminates at 49° down here in South Oz...5° or so won't hurt and give us a chance for some early Joves at the same time! :)

Thanks once again fellas - I have to say that it was only yesterday that I developed an optimal method of processing this distant planet which displays such faint albedo "detail" so I'll have to revisit this data down the track perhaps.....in the meantime I'll push my welcome but making a new thread and posting an earlier capture which has had my new Uranus processing routine applied! :)

Archived