Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sh2-157

Epicycle

Hi,

this my go at the fairly large nebula Sh2-157 right next to the bubble. I was a bit surprised by the amount of oiii (I attached a noisy shot

below showing the oiii separately, the stars have some dark rings due to poor handling of the clamping in PI, so don't pay attention to the quality of that image!).

The image is bicolour with a synthetic green. The Ha was taken during full moon so it could be better (there were some unpleasant gradients

to deal with during processing and some are still there, I'm afraid).

So, the data:  20x1800 Ha, Astrodon 5nm and 9x1800 Oiii, Astrodon 3nm.

Kit:

-HeQ5

-Megrez 72 @ 4.8 with Atik 460ex

-SX minifilter wheel with Costar as guider.

Still trying to get the spacing fine-tuned for the reducer....

Comments and suggestions welcome as ever. Thanks for looking,

cheers

Epicycle

More details in astrobin: get.jpg

post-25876-0-87128900-1413888129_thumb.j

post-25876-0-32084400-1413888155_thumb.j

Superb image

Thanks Francis!

That really is a most interesting subject that is often overlooked. Goodness only knows how ...... it's huge!!! Super shot :)

Thanks Sara. Yes, I agree it's not often imaged. I guess people tend to go for the nearby Bubble, a mosaic of the whole area should be awesome...

E.

That is sweet ! well done

Thank you!

Amazing image! All the exposure time really paid off. And the clear separation of the OIII and the Ha is something I've never seen before.

/Lars

Thanks, yes the amount of oiii was surprising, at least to me. I should see how it behaves in SII.

Archived