Narrowband

IC 434, Nov 13

lensman57

Hi,

This one is from last year, a more conservative presentation.

Ascension 80mm Apo,  Atik 428EX OSC, Idas P2, Televue  TRF2008. 16X 600s, processed in PI. Alnitak is a little on the wild side but I guess that is charm of this killer star. This weather is still not playing fair  this Oct.

Regards,

A.G

post-28808-0-35499200-1413853311_thumb.p

Nice, what split did you apply across filter have this on my to do list for some point this year?

Cheers

Paddy

Thanks patrick,

This one is an OSC capture with a P2 filter. If get the chance I'd do a super widefield of the whole area in Ha RGB this time around.

Regards,

A.G

Cheers, mount up and running managed to grab a little HA data to start the lum will try some rgb I think tomorrow if its clear.

http://www.astrobin.com/130590/ - if you fancy a look.

Paddy

Hi Patrick,

Looks great to me, you just need a decent set of RGB data and then add the Ha only to the red channel as otherwise it will throw the colour balance out. Look forward to seeing the finished result.

Regards,

A.G

Hi Patrick,

Looks great to me, you just need a decent set of RGB data and then add the Ha only to the red channel as otherwise it will throw the colour balance out. Look forward to seeing the finished result.

Regards,

A.G

Well have my baaders ready and may get some clear sky tomorrow so fingers crossed. Also been surprised by M42 another's thread on that already, but some of the finer detail has caught my eye.

Paddy

Well have my baaders ready and may get some clear sky tomorrow so fingers crossed. Also been surprised by M42 another's thread on that already, but some of the finer detail has caught my eye.

Paddy

M42 is very Ha rich but there is also a lot of Hb and Oiii there too. I just like to get a decent OSC data on the m42 and then just add the Ha as necessary. Clear skies.

A.G

Archived