Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Christmas wish list

I am sure that thoughts will now be turned towards a Christmas wish list, and I would very strongly recommend 'An Amateur's Guide to Observing and Imaging the Heavens' by Ian Morrison, published by Cambridge University Press.  It is very up-to-date having been published this year - 2014 -  and covers everything to do with Telescopes, Binoculars, Observation and Imaging, with a final chapter on Spectroscopy.

Whether you are a beginner or experienced astronomer, this is THE book to get.  I cannot praise it highly enough.

It is actually in the right price bracket too. As wveryone knows all ep's and other bits cost no more than 20 quid. Scopes are roughly a 100 unless you buy a posh one where they are 150ish. Anyway at under 20 this is an ideal gift for swmbo to buy for moi, thanks for the heads up. ;-)

Come on gents, it is not even November.

I thought Schiphol Airport was bad enough with decorations up in 2004 on 4th November, If I had not been in the same place on October 24th you could have sworn they were there from the year before.

But since you brought it up I think a 4.7mm Ethos would do rather nicely for me.

Alan

It is actually in the right price bracket too. As wveryone knows all ep's and other bits cost no more than 20 quid. Scopes are roughly a 100 unless you buy a posh one where they are 150ish. Anyway at under 20 this is an ideal gift for swmbo to buy for moi, thanks for the heads up. ;-)

Steve, I think you don't always tell the truth  :eek:

Archived