SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Bino pistol grip

baggywrinkle

I have this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003H1JC30/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But shop around as I bought for around £40 from Amazon several months ago plus there are several other rebranded versions which are identical but vary in price a bit..

EDIT:  Like this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/DynaSun-WT011H-Professional-Tripod-Action/dp/B001B0C2S6/ref=pd_sim_sbs_ph_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1SDBXRRF9ME626Y5DKDM

Dirk's spot on with it. I bought an identical one marketed under yet another name along with a heavy duty tripod on Amazon on a good deal that is now no longer available. The Dynasun at that price though I think is a pretty good price. Excellent bits of kit - you can buy extra top adapter plates too if you have something else you want to swap over.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0073C1F0C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hi All.  Due to this thread I've just ordered the Dynasun one.  Been looking for a while and as said.  At that price it's snap your hand off time. Cuddnt bring myself to part with £50 plus quid. 

Should work nice on my monopod, as its just a bit short, fully extended. 

Thx   John

I do wish I did not go looking for bargains....in addition to the 15x70 bins I will be picking up next weekend a set of 25x100 Celestron bins for £120...now I will have to get the pistol grip.

The manual Binocular Sky posted a link to is very good. Downloaded it already.

Got the pistol grip care of Amazon today, plus a beefier monopod too. It looks like it might be clear tonight so I will give it a try with the 15x70's.

I picked up the 25x120 Celestron bins for £120 in pristine condition which is a bit of a bargain....what I had not expected was the size of them! or the weight.

I think this now means I need a better tripod....this is getting a bit like astro photography, just when you thought you had done spending........

Hi Baggywrinkle.  Ive gone down this same route.  Still waiting for the adaptor so I attach the Pistol Grip to my monopod.  The 25 x 100's you have sound great.  Where did you get them from at that price, If I may enquire. They sound humungus.   I'm using 20 x 80's. 

Regards   John

Hi Baggywrinkle.  Ive gone down this same route.  Still waiting for the adaptor so I attach the Pistol Grip to my monopod.  The 25 x 100's you have sound great.  Where did you get them from at that price, If I may enquire. They sound humungus.   I'm using 20 x 80's. 

Regards   John

They are like a pair of old 32lb canon tied in the middle and about as weighty as well.

They were up for sale on the Astro UK Buy & Sell site, and I am well pleased with them.

I received my pistol grip and along with it came the monopod as per http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002J9MMDI?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

as a bundle. This is a better monopod than my old freeby, more sturdy. I tried this all with the 15x70's and it was just great. Semi reclined in a camping chair monopod between my knees gazing up. Much better than trying to use a standard tripod. Good stable views and lots to gawp at.

The 25x100 are just to much for the above set up, they weigh in at a tad under 4Kg so something more serious is needed....more money.

Any recommends anyone apart from the parrallelogram type mounts?

Archived