SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Lunt LS50tha - Europe Shipping Latest.

I've been chasing lunt directly if anyone is interested this the most recent reply. Basically they are saying November, I asked early/mid/late etc. response below.

Hi,

it is a bit difficult to say now as they have not been shipped out yet (or we haven’t been notified yet).

Please get back to us in about two weeks. We should be able to do a better estimate then.

Please note that we have quite some backorders. It might be possible that we do not have them freely available in our shop. But many dealers are taking these on stock throughout Europe so there will definitely be some pieces freely available through our dealers.

Freundliche Grüße · Best regards

Bresser GmbH
Anke Morbitzer
Dipl. Chem.
Kundenberatung / Service

• 2 weeks later...

I've had another email today which says that there is a contain of scopes currently sailing to Europe, so further delays are down to customs and when the dealer placed the "pre" orders.......if not soon enough then the wait could be Dec/Jan. At least they are out of the factory.

It has become rather academic to me as I am 99% convinced that a PST mod is the best way forward for me.

Crikey Shane, Lunt 50, Quark now PST mod! It's a tricky choice isn't it! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL I'm in the same boat. I keep saying a quark then I read something and think no I want a LS50. In truth I think if I could get a new LS60 I would be a happy man but then a DS would be financially out of the question. If I went with an LS50 then in 12 - 24 mths I may be able to afford a DS and add a new dimension to the 50.

this is one reason I wont for a pst mod. I will have a very small unit for travel use and a 90mm single stack visual scope. with a zoom I will have full disc to close ups with the 90mm aperture gor less than the price of a new quark or a 50 mm lunt or a used 60mm lunt. I can convert back to standard in minutes too. I will also have a decent 100mm frac too

I think that's a good choice Shane. I have long pondered a PST mod but realistically don't have the time or space to put together a decent one so the Quark is a good compromise. The only thing the Quark doesn't do really is higher resolution full disk views but I'll live with that. A 90mm PST mod will give cracking views I bet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A strange thing, when I purchased my LS60DS a few months ago they were available from suppliers in the time it took to order from USA  and deliver, now it seems pretty much all Lunt products are out of stock.

Dave

this is one reason I wont for a pst mod. I will have a very small unit for travel use and a 90mm single stack visual scope. with a zoom I will have full disc to close ups with the 90mm aperture gor less than the price of a new quark or a 50 mm lunt or a used 60mm lunt. I can convert back to standard in minutes too. I will also have a decent 100mm frac too

Good choice Shane and luck with the PST mod. A word of warning - it will not be cheap once you have bought an ERF (i went for an internally mounted 75mm @ ~£240) new focuser unit to go on the end of the etalon, larger BF (I went for a BF10 brought in from the states @ £330. It all adds up. I think my PST mod cost £1200. Yes I do have a 100mm solar scope with great resolution.

Ian

• 2 weeks later...

Archived