SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Ey up, Eastern veil with DSLR

Owmuchonomy

Now then.  What a night.  I've never seen the sky so clear in these parts.  Eyeballing M31, double cluster, dense milky way etc etc. Anyway I originally set up my frac with the purpose of further diagnosing my 'eggs for breakfast'.  I also downloaded PHD 2.3.1.  Hhmmm, more of that elsewhere when I get the urge.  By the time I had run through various diagnostics and a banana sandwich it was gone 1am.  So, as i wasn't making progress on solving my issues i took 2 x 5 min and 6 x 10 min subs, 3 darks and 10 each Bias and Flats.  A bit of a tweak and here it is.  I can see now why it is interesting to image for all you pros on here as whilst I was processing (I'm not very experienced) i could see how in the proper hands you could create a real sense of depth to it.

post-35542-0-91859500-1412258655_thumb.j

Looks good for such short integration time!

Very nice shot

Thank you very much.  I was quite surprised at 10 minute subs how little noise I had to grapple with.  I don't like going over ISO 800 so that probably helps?

Archived