Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Problems with Registax 6

hjw

Hi,

out of curiosity, and because of what I read in this forum, I took a video of the moon. The problem is the video is in .MTS format and I used Any Video Converter to transfer it into .avi or .mpg. Problem is that when I try to stack it, I get a "Scan line index out of range." error. Any idea what my problem is? What is the best software to convert files for Registax?

Cheers

HJW

Sorry Astrosurf, didn't see your post in time. The key trick is to use an uncompressed .AVI format. Rigistax can't handle compression - Bingo! Enjoying myself immensely at the moment. We have the first clear evening in about two weeks, so will be out and about tonight. Still a lot of things to play around with.

Clear skies!

HJW

I've gotten some awesome images of the moon I feel don't need stacking

Hi cutepetgroomer, I would agree - sort of - with your statement. In my gallery I have two moon shots. One taken with a Pentax K-30, a 55-300mm zoom at 300mm and with a 1/200 sec exposure time. The image is fairly sharp down to the pixel level and I don't think stacking would help very much. The other one, like the ones above, are taken with a small video camera. The lens is by far not as good as the zoom and even worse compared to a proper scope. The difference between a single frame and the stacked image is staggering! I hope for a clear sky tomorrow night because in Melbourne we should see a full hour of the "bloodmoon". And I know I will take the video camera as my weapon of choice.

Clear skies!

HJW

Archived