Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Bubble Nebula dslr

Quatermass

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks tinker, I really don't know how those people with ccd equipment have the patience to work with all those filters and hours and hours of gathering enough data for an image. I have trouble staying up past 2pm these nights and every time I forget to go out and check my scope the OTA hits the tripod legs, still haven't figured out how to stop that happening yet.

Thanks tinker, I really don't know how those people with ccd equipment have the patience to work with all those filters and hours and hours of gathering enough data for an image. I have trouble staying up past 2pm these nights and every time I forget to go out and check my scope the OTA hits the tripod legs, still haven't figured out how to stop that happening yet.

A very nice piece of work QM, the first image I've seen from yourself in a while.  I see the Coma corrector works a treat, must get myself one of those for Xmas. You are right those CCD folks must have the patience of many Saints.

Tim 

Maybe its time to get a Pier installed.....:)

yes I think that might well have to be the next step if we dont move house this year should not be too hard to do, more money lol

I stuck a length of 6" X 6" air dried oak in the ground 4' down then in-filled with pea shingle, if it needs to come out i can suck the pea shingle out with one of my workshop hoovers....

That's a great Bubble QM. I particularly like the slight magenta tinge to the area around the bubble itself. I was reading somewhere just recently that Ha is probably more magenta-ey than red, so this is potentially the most accurate Bubble image around!

As for patience and mono CCD imaging - when you've spent that much money on a piece of kit just for a hobby, you do everything required to get something decent out of it!!! To be fair, with all the software involved, it's pretty much just a case of setting up a sequence and then snoozing on the sofa until it's done.

Finally - your Scope versus Mount battle could be tempered by setting mount limits in EQMod. That's if you are using EQMod of course.

That's a great Bubble QM. I particularly like the slight magenta tinge to the area around the bubble itself. I was reading somewhere just recently that Ha is probably more magenta-ey than red, so this is potentially the most accurate Bubble image around!

As for patience and mono CCD imaging - when you've spent that much money on a piece of kit just for a hobby, you do everything required to get something decent out of it!!! To be fair, with all the software involved, it's pretty much just a case of setting up a sequence and then snoozing on the sofa until it's done.

Finally - your Scope versus Mount battle could be tempered by setting mount limits in EQMod. That's if you are using E\Tod of course.

I am using EQMOD to control the mount but was never sure what setting the mount limits would do plus you have a load of wires hanging of your scope as normal and was scared it would suddenly go the other way the HEQ5 mount moves a lot faster then my old eq5 and tom carpenters astroeq control box.

There are quite a few of us dslr imagers on here, I love my modded cannon 1000d even better now I have got a good guiding set up but thats not to say I wouldnt mind a nice shiny new Atik for christmas.

What with filters, OAG, leave it running for hours on end...:)

I used to sit outside with my fishing bivvy and my eq5 mount after finding my targets with just my finder scope. No laptop, no guiding, no go to and freeze till the wee hours. But after doing that for a couple of years then deciding to build my shed into an observatory I upgrading to an HEQ5 and use a laptop with eqmod. I now set it all up running then get inside with a pint of Adnams broadside and monitor it all from a second laptop running splashtop, much better.

I used to sit outside with my fishing bivvy and my eq5 mount after finding my targets with just my finder scope. No laptop, no guiding, no go to and freeze till the wee hours. But after doing that for a couple of years then deciding to build my shed into an observatory I upgrading to an HEQ5 and use a laptop with eqmod. I now set it all up running then get inside with a pint of Adnams broadside and monitor it all from a second laptop running splashtop, much better.

What we need are 12 hour long dark sky's, warm'ish weather with no clouds, uninterrupted views for 360', now that's not asking much....

Archived