Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NEQ6 Stepper motor misshap

coenie777

I think I may have stripped one of the screws on the top plate of the NEQ6's stepper motor!!!

Here is another post's photo to show which bolt I stripped. I can tighten it by a small amount before it would go through the strip. I left it now in the tightest position but it is obviously vastly less secure now than the other two.

Would this pose any serious problems going forward? If so what would be the solution to this predicament?

Capture_zps7639ea00.png

Could you not drill and retap the hole to the next screw size up.Should be able to get the parts in any car accessory shop.If it's the thread in the hole that's damaged you may get away with just tapping it without the need to drill just go easy though.If it's the thread on the screw that's damaged maybe a replacement screw would suffice.

If you want to tap it up to the next size just drop me a line and I will post you the tap to borrow and a suitable screw.

I need to know the size of the screw that stripped - diameter and length of threaded portion.

Be quick though I am going on holiday on Thursday.

Its a very easy job and you wont be wondering  will it hold, wont it hold etc !!!

Just PM me the details and you address if you want to go ahead.

Thanks for all the good suggestions guys.

Skipper Billy, your generosity is greatly appreciated. Unfortunately I am based in South Africa. But thanks so much for offering.

I will look at all the suggestions and see what is most readily available locally and attempt the repair.

At least it does not sound like I messed something up permanently (as in "cannot be fixed")

Thanks to all!

Archived