Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hope it is going to be a good Winter - A quick Rosette Nebula to start.

Interested

Last Winter was a bit of a washout with all the rain, but now have a Skyshed POD. Things are looking up already!

Attached, a quick Rosette Nebula in the CFHT & Hubble Pelettes.

This is only 3 x 10 minute exposures in each of Ha, O-III and S-II, quickly processed in Astroart 5, hoping to add a lot more data in the coming months and image as much as I can of everything in and around Orion.post-12346-0-77828900-1411924399_thumb.jpost-12346-0-87231900-1411924470_thumb.j

These are looking great, amazing for such little data. Fantastic depth to them. It will be interesting to see how this project develops as you add more time to each filter.

I'm really enjoying seeing all the autumn / winter objects appearing again and The Rosette is one of my favourites.

Thank you all for your comments. I love the Rosette as well. This was taken last week and unfortunately it wasnt long enough in the sky before the Sun started to come up, hence the limited data.  I hope to add several more hours of data. I captured this using the FSQ 85 and my Atik 383, a great combination to give a decent FOV to this and quite a few other Nebula (and also M31, but another time). 

I also took a 50 minute Ha of the Horsehead/Flame, not brilliant detail or good enough for its own post but i like the composition and hope to capture this in colour in the coming months.

post-12346-0-18993800-1411942103_thumb.j

Olly, as you say, "an early catch". Now that I have moved from Bristol to Norfolk (and a North facing garden to a SW facing garden) I think my images will improve because of the darker sky. Orion has always been my favourite Constellation but my previous garden was North facing, with the house blocking most of my views East to West. Having seen your 55 hour mosaic of Orion I have to say it is awesome and inspiring. I could never achieve that result here where I live but hope to produce some reasonable images over the coming months, clear skies permitting.

Am umming & arring as to whether to buy a mount that is capable of traversing East to West uninterrupted!

Thank you everyone for your comments. Feedback is always a good indication as to whether we are moving forward or not.

Archived