SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Jupiter 27th sept 14

si@nite

cheers guys appreciated!

Great image. I see that you have got the

SKYRIS-618M camera.How are finding

this.I persune u used a barlow with this.

Just picking your brains.

Steve

Hi Steve i used a 3x telextender for these images, still getting to grips with the skyris settings but getting there it looks promising!

Looks like the seeing wasn't your friend Simon - looking at the images (nicely processed btw!) I can see that there was a lot of detail wanting to burst out but smeared by the seeing - did you capture any iR avi's..?

Regardless, very good and a good augur...if you get better seeing (which you will) I expect some ripper images from you very soon! :)

Cheers Angie- Pete appreciated!

Looks like the seeing wasn't your friend Simon - looking at the images (nicely processed btw!) I can see that there was a lot of detail wanting to burst out but smeared by the seeing - did you capture any iR avi's..?

Regardless, very good and a good augur...if you get better seeing (which you will) I expect some ripper images from you very soon! :)

Thanks Darryl sub 30 degs is always going to be difficult i know, but its climbing fast so with better seeing & trans it should be a good season espeicially being so well placed here in the uk!

Ir i think would have teased out some extra detail, having just purchased one & not in the filter wheel lol :grin: !

...opening up my EFW tomorrow or the next day to put in the 610nM long-pass filter for Uranus imaging myself Simon...I think an iR685 or 742nM filter would've shown some really fine detail for you that night which the seeing cruelly robbed you of in the rgb - although as I said you were almost there and your processing really did the image proud!

Archived