SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Milky way from a Pompey back garden

Taken at about 10pm last Wednesday...single image, 20secs, iso6400, 14mm f2.8 canon 70d.

Looking S, slightly West. The top of a 6' fence can be seen and light from the road / houses etc.

Not perfect, but not bad for in a city methinks.

First time I've tried it the 14mm lens, so if this is the back garden, some dark sites and nice foreground landscapes should produce some good results.

Milky Way test 3

The funny thing is, there's sometimes washing on it at 10pm!

Thanks for the kind words - the reason I posted it was because I as genuinely surprised at the detail considering the light pollution and the fact it was my first attempt.

I've tried it before with a slower lens (18-55 3.5) and the 40mm 2.8 but the Samyang 14mm 2.8 blows those lenses out of the cosmic water.

I'm just waiting for the darkness to get here earlier each night and for the humidity to disappear before me and my brother go nightscape hunting for some really good shots (hopefully).

Archived